Atopic dermatitis or popular eczema if formed through a skin barrier defect that leads to epidermal water loss when exposed to trigger irritants or allergens. The skin becomes dry, red and itchy determining babies and adults suffering from this condition to scratch it further and increase the mechanical trauma.
Over the counter eczema creams and ointments with lipids, fatty acids, triglycerides increase skin hydration and stimulate barrier repair reducing the incidence of dangerous, uncomfortable flare-ups. They should be part of a holistic eczema treatment program meant to reduce flare ups and keep the condition under control.
25-30% of the western population may be genetically atopic, thus prone to astma, hay fever and eczema. Atopic eczema is a common disease affecting 5-15% of school children and 2-10% of adults.
Key Benefits Of Using Physiogel and Oilatum over the counter eczema cream
Stiefel Physiogel Cream and Oilatum Junior Cream are remedies that were recommended by the dermatologist for the long term treatment of my son’s eczema. When I used them separately, they worked fine all right. But I saw incredible results the instant I used these over-the-counter eczema cream side by side.
In Stiefel Physiogel Cream:
• It locked the moisture of my baby’s skin with the help of physiological lipids. I remember applying it only a few times, and I was already moisturized for as long as three days. In the process, I bade goodbye to dry and flaky skin.
• Its fragrance-free feature significantly lessened skin irritations and prevented rashes from colonizing skin.
• Stiefel Physiogel Cream is noncomedogenic, meaning the cream does not block pores. When using this product daily, several times a day you benefit from the lipids moisturizing the skin without worrying that you expose your baby to pimples or acne.
On the other hand, my experiences with Oilatum Junior Cream are these:
• While Stiefel Physiogel Cream has physiological lipids, Oilatum Junior Cream boasts of two ingredients that made this product my skin’s best friend: light liquid paraffin and white soft paraffin. These components prevented the water in the skin from evaporating. Hence, this is best used immediately after taking a bath.
• I was pregnant when eczema attacked some areas of my skin. When I found out that this product is safe for pregnant and even breastfeeding mothers, I gave it a try, and true to what many attested, it gave me the skin treatment my baby and I deserve.
When I started using these over-the-counter eczema creams simultaneously, I achieved best results for me and my baby’s skin in a matter of days.
How Do They Compare with Similar Products?
Stiefel Physiogel Cream and Oilatum Junior Cream are both products of Stiefel Laboratories Inc., which explains why they perfectly complement each other’s healing effects. Some of the sound rival brands for these eczema creams are Aveeno Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream and TriDerma MD Eczema Fast Healing Cream. These work as well as the Stiefel products, but the difference is that the latter products do not promise a gentle treatment to your skin. They also come in expensive prices, unlike the Physiogel Cream and Oilatum Junior Cream. Moreover, these Stiefel eczema cream products contain ingredients that not only nurture the skin back to its healthy state; these are hypoallergenic products that deeply heal the skin in a sensitive way.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
These over-the-counter eczema creams have their share of disadvantages for choice skin types. Those who have oily skin should think twice before they consider Stiefel Physiogel Cream since it may cause slight rashes. Oilatum Junior Cream, on the other hand, may cause skin irritation if you are allergic to cetostearyl alcohol and potassium sorbate.
How Do Customers Find the Stiefel Physiogel Cream and Oilatum Junior Cream?
Consumers like me find these over-the-counter eczema creams positively rejuvenating the eczema-affected area of their skin. Stiefel Physiogel Cream has been given credit for the 72-hour promise of moisturization which I experienced firsthand. Oilatum Junior Cream has been rated 5 stars out of 6 reviews, and these consumers also testify that they no longer suffered from dry and flaky skin, most especially from itchiness due to the moisturisation they enjoy.
Amazon product reviews