It usually takes a long time, more than one visit to the doctor and many trials and errors to find the best cream lotion for eczema, key in the daily management of this condition if you want to cure it for good.
Babies and children with eczema lose moisture from their skin and this needs replenishing. It is important to moisturise eczematous skin several times each day, preferably after washing the skin to luck in moisture.
Normal appearing skin in patients with atopic dermatitis is in fact abnormal, suffering a diffusional water loss 7 days after being exposed to a topical irritant. Neutral PH cleasers, rather than soaps should be used sparingly. Alcohol and astringents found in skin care products may be drying and exposure to the should be minimized
Best cream lotion for eczema: main features you should look for in an eczema cream:
1. Use a naturally based emollient that is not too much chemically processed
2. Make sure your moisturizer is fragrance and paraben-free
3. Make sure the emollient is hypoallergenic
4. Make sure the cream is light and easily absorbed. If you apply it several times a day on your baby’s skin, you want to make sure you do not add unnecessary greasy ingredients to cause juvenile acne or white spots
5. Use not only the cream to treat the symptoms of dry skin, but also addopt a holistic eczema treatment to get to the root cause and consult a dermatologist.
What worked for us: Stiefel Physiogel Cream
I’ve used Stiefel Physiogel Cream on my baby’s atopic skin since he was 8 months old and I still use it now, as daily emollient even if he has been eczema free for almost two years. Here’s a list of reasons why I think Stiefel Physiogel Cream is the best cream lotion for eczema.
• It is an over the counter cream, so you can easily have access for long term usage without a doctor’s prescription.
• Stiefel Physiogel Cream is a hypoallergenic moisturizing cream that heals the skin area afflicted with eczema minus the side effects that usually come with applying risky chemically-processed creams.
• The best cream lotion for eczema contains physiological lipids which do not just keep your skin from being dry and flaky for a number of hours, but also lock the moisture your skin needs not only for a day, but for a maximum of three days.
• Unlike other eczema cream lotions, Stiefel Physiogel Cream is light, which makes it easier to apply.
• It has a non-sticky feeling which reduces the discomfort you feel whenever you have to anoint the infected area of your skin
• Compared to other products, it helps rejuvenate the skin in a shorter period of time.
• It has non-comedogenic, fragrance-free features which prevents the acquisition of allergies and unwanted skin irregularities such as pimples.
• It is perfect for people of all ages
• It is recommended by many dermatologists around the world
How Does it Compare with Similar Products?
One of the most exceptional features of Stiefel Physiogel Cream is its formulation which keeps the skin moisturized not only for hours but for as long as three days. Thanks to the physiological lipids it contains but are absent on competing eczema creams. The best cream for eczema does not leave its job at that, for it also works to keep the skin from returning to its ill state; it also helps in keeping the skin healthy with constant use. Compared to other products like Eucerin and Vichy, it does not contain irritants such as petrolatum, paraffinum and mineral oil. Lastly but notably, Stiefel Physiogel Cream has a pocket-friendly price. It is inexpensive compared to other skin care products.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
Stiefel Physiogel Cream works best when applied on dry skin, but there are reports that it causes a slight rash on combination skin types. This means if you are suffering from eczema yet you have an oily skin, you should first consult your doctor whether Stiefel Physiogel Cream is proper for you.
What is the Cost
Compared to other eczema cream lotion products which prices run around $35 or even higher, Stiefel Physiogel Cream is for haves for around $25. At a very considerable and affordable price, this very effective product is worth your bid.
How Do Customers Find the Stiefel Physiogel Cream?
Consumers around the world testify of the long-lasting moisturization the Stiefel Physiogel Cream provides for their skin. Skin dryness was not a problem for the next 72 hours of cream application. There are those who comment that the cream does an impressive job, considering its consumer-friendly price compared to equally effective but unreasonably more expensive eczema cream products.