Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented Review
I have always had eczema in my youth, but it did not really bother me as much as I was disturbed when my child acquired the detestable skin disease. I knew that aside from the itchiness and other irritation he would suffer, daily necessities such as taking a bath or washing his body would be a chore.
Painstakingly, I searched for a holistic eczema remedy and the perfect soap for eczema that would give us both the gentle but deep cleansing action our skin needs, while preserving intact the epidermal barrier function. And we have found that soap in Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented. While researching, I learnt that while soaps and creams address the dry skin symptoms, a complex treatment solution is required to get to the root cause of the problem
Key benefits of using Oilatum soap for eczema
Eczema is such a sensitive skin condition that great care should be given to prevent further infection and irritation. The use of a wrong soap for eczema in cleansing the body aggravates the condition. Hence, many mistakenly claim that all soaps should be avoided and plain water should be used instead.
I used to be one of those who believed that fallacy, until I discovered Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented. Below are my observations from using the soap:
• For the first few weeks of using it, I eventually noticed changes in our skin condition; my son and I’s dry, flaky skin were hydrated and moisturized. Unlike the other soaps for eczema I have tried before, there were no resulting irritations with Oilatum!
• I have an allergy to fragrances, and this soap did not cause me any, thanks to its brilliant unscented feature.
• While it deeply cleanses, its oil-laden lather feature makes the soap mild enough for infants, like my son. Other products were just too strong that instead of being cleansed, our condition has only gotten worse.
• Vegetable soap-based, it has rejuvenated not only my skin but most especially my son’s. Before, the redness and rashes were apparent manifestations of the disease in our skin. Now, our skin reflects that of a glowing, healthy complexion.
• It has Mineral Oil BP as an ingredient, a kind of oil that guarantees no greasy feeling on your skin.
How Does it Compare with Similar Products?
Compared to other soaps for eczema such as Cetaphil and Zenmed’s DermCare, Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented can be purchased in a much cheaper price. Moreover, unlike these two other brands, Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented provides a much gentler touch, leaving zero irritation to the affected area of the skin. It does not only supply irritation-resistance to the skin, it leaves you moisturized all day round.
Are There Any Disadvantages?
Oilatum soap for eczema has been regarded as a very effective soap for eczema for a number of decades. There has been no report of side effects associated to Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented.
Compared to other brands, Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented plays in a much cheaper price. I purchase it for as low as $7-$10 per piece and the shower gel for under $20. To avail of promos and discounts, you can visit Amazon online and go for the most practical bargain you can afford.
How Do Customers Find the Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented?
Out of 9 reviews, Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented has earned an average score of 4.4 stars in Amazon. Like me, one customer used it to soothe her child’s atopic dermatitis and found it to alleviate the numerous allergies her daughter has already been suffering since birth. Another consumer found that unlike other soaps for eczema, Oilatum Cleansing Bar Unscented does not leave the skin irritated and instead moisturizes it for a long period of time. Used as part of a holistic eczema treatment, it works very well even after the symptoms are gone to maintain intact the skin barrier.